Monday, December 08, 2008

I can't believe the Dallas Cowboys. The game was 13-3. A ten point lead. Then Pittsburg kicks a field goal, and it gets lucky and goes in after hitting the post. No worries, 13-6. Then the officials make a bad call, the ball hits the ground and they call it a catch. Pittsburg knows this and hurries the next play, and why Dallas never calls a timeout or challenge is beyond me. So Pittsburg then goes and gets a big yard play. The next play is a 3rd down play, and the ref's mark it a foot more, and so it's 4th and inches. SO they go for it, only to really make about 1 inch, and they give them 4. So go figure they go and score that drive, and then Romo hucks another interception. IF they just get to the playoffs, they'll be good to go. If not, I'll be more pissed than a bull at a Red Day Parade while getting a cattle prod up the butt.

Errr. So Thursday I tought Karate. The parents love me. I must really teach kids the good morals and values they deserve to be taught. I see lots of tallent in those kids. And some could use a bit more. But they are all fun to be around, as long as they're laughing with me, and not at me.
I skipped hunting on Thursday, to hunt Friday. Go figure, Scooter couldn't go. So I practiced shooting some with the Bow. Then watched a movie that night. In the middle of the movie Scooter and Emily come over, and give gifts to JT and Jennifer and Grandma(Magan's Dad, mom, and grandma). I wonder WHY, and soon realize it's not for Christmas. They gave them baby shirts that say I'm the best Grandparent. So, Emily is pregnat!
Saturday was my first cross race this year, besides yetticross. I wasn't expecting much out of my legs, as I had only ridden a month ago at Adventure Race nationals, and have only done runs since then. After starting in the back, I move through the 20 guys and settle in 4th. Brian Fawley was killing it, and Mitch Comardo was chasing. I had Kevin Koen a few seconds up, and a big group on my wheel. I took two laps to realize that I wasn't going to hurt too bad, and had some power in the legs. And after learning the course a little beter, I picked it up and got a gap on the big group. I passed Mitch, as he flatted, and rode the rest of the race in 3rd. I took the last 15 minutes and took a strole to the finish line, pushing minimal amounts.
Sunday the course was cool. Some drops, climbs, twisties. Unfortunatly I didn't have my skills dialed in yet, and had to lose time in all the skillful sections. I think if I rode more that wouldn't be a problem. But, I was with Fawley, who was killing it again, Koen, and the boy. Fawley opened the gap on the first lap, and we rode around fighting for 2nd. The boy ended up dropping back to who knows what place, and I practiced some skills on the twisties. The open sections were easy, and I never pushed super hard. So things seem to be working in my master skeem of things.
I'm super pumped about doing the Texas Dare on Saturday, in memory of Dave. Unfortunatly, I'm filling in for Carlos, and Justin is now out of the picture too. Where is Jason when you need him! I'll let Shaun figure out the teammate thing, thats out of my league.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm over here brother!!! So, you only want me around for the last minute fill ins huh? Well see what the Werewolves think about that! HA.
How did the Dare go?